“Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God.”
–Bob Pierce. Founder, World Vision
MISSION STATEMENT: “Founded in 1950, World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian organization serving the world’s poorest children and families in nearly 100 countries. World Vision’s assistance extends to all people, regardless of religious beliefs, gender, race, or ethnic background. World Vision is ready to partner with you in enabling the world’s children to realize their God-given potential by tackling the root causes of poverty.”
As a member of the World Vision team, Steve Darmody supports World Vision’s efforts of being an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. We pursue this mission through…
- Integrated, holistic commitment to Transformational Development that is community based and sustainable, focused especially on the needs of children;
- Emergency Relief that assists people afflicted by conflict or disaster;
- Promotion of Justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting the poor among whom we work;
- Strategic Initiatives that serve the Church in the fulfillment of its mission;
- Public Awareness that leads to informed understanding, giving, involvement and prayer;
- Witness to Jesus Christ by life, deed, word and sign that encourages people to respond to the Gospel.
Steve has traveled to India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Romania and many other countries in which World Vision works and can share the needs of a hurting, hungry world from first hand knowledge. Steve calls his audience to consider the plight of the hungry and matches concerned audiences to needy children through child sponsorship. As a result of his powerful message over 3,500 children have been sponsored – one child, one concert at a time.
Because he has seen suffering children personally, Steve strives to make the mission of World Vision an integral part of every appearance. When people leave, they know they have an answer to the question, “What can I do that will really make a difference?”
Steve shares from his heart. Many people have said that being able to meet someone and hear them speak from personal experience helped them realize they could do something tangible to heal the hurt of the poor.